How to obtain vector construction services?
- You can design your own vectors using our highly intuitive free online vector design tool. This tool is very easy to learn and use, and you can design a vector in just a minute or two. To use the tool, click the Design My Vector button on the homepage. Once you finish designing a vector, you will have the option to put the cloning service of the vector in your shopping cart.
- If you are unable to use our online tool to design your desired vector or if you have other service needs, just submit your needs to us by clicking the Send Design Request button on the homepage. Our experienced scientists will design your vector for free and address your other service needs. You will receive an email containing a link to the vector design, where you will have the option to put the cloning service for the vector in your shopping cart.
- When adding cloning services to your cart, you will also have the opportunity to add downstream services such as virus packaging or plasmid DNA preparation.
- Lastly, you can place an order for the content of your shopping cart by following instructions there.
Price and turnaround timeVectorBuilder offers top-quality vector construction services at unbeatable price with rapid turnaround time. Outsourcing cloning to us is often cheaper than the cost of reagents you will need to do it yourself, let alone savings on your time, effort and headaches. All custom-built vectors undergo stringent quality control to ensure that they contain the correct sequence exactly as designed. The final deliverable is E. coli stock containing the vector of interest. Price and turnaround time are based on the criteria below.
|Vector Type||Price (USD)||Turnaround*|
|shRNA vector||$95||7-14 days|
|gRNA vector||$95||7-14 days|
|Expression vector||$145||10-16 days|
* Turnaround time is defined as the time from when an order is accepted to when it is shipped. It does not include waiting time for any materials that the customer needs to supply (e.g. template DNA). Adenoviral vectors may take longer.
These are vectors using VectorBuilder's standard backbones, but which contain complex components that need to be created. They typically require multiple steps to build, and often involve complicated procedures such as amplification of large fragments from template DNA, fusion of multiple fragments, de novo gene synthesis, and targeted mutagenesis.
|Cloning Procedure||Additional Price (USD)||Additional Turnaround|
|Insertion of one PCR fragment (≤3 kb)||$50||5-10 days|
|Insertion of one PCR fragment (3-6 kb)||$100||5-10 days|
|Insertion of two fused PCR fragments (≤3 kb)||$100||5-11 days|
|Insertion of two fused PCR fragments (3-6 kb)||$150||10-16 days|
|Insertion of three fused PCR fragments (≤3 kb)||$130||5-12 days|
|Insertion of three fused PCR fragments (3-6 kb)||$180||10-16 days|
|De novo gene synthesis (≤1.2 kb)||$0.25/bp + processing fee||9-15 days|
|De novo gene synthesis (1.2-2.4 kb)||$0.25/bp + processing fee||10-20 days|
|De novo gene synthesis (2.4-3.6 kb)||$0.25/bp + processing fee||15-25 days|
For other types of atypical fragments or procedures not listed above, such as fragments containing extremely high GC content, simple repeats or segmental repeats, additional cost and time may apply.
These are vectors built from backbones provided by the customer rather than using our own standard backbones. The customer-supplied backbone is first validated by restriction digest and sequencing of key regions before cloning. Prices for cloning non-standard vectors are considered on a case-by-case basis and start at $495.